Monday 5 September 2011

10 Reasons Why I Am Enough 'Mom'

I'm doing a different list to that of Stasha's prompt, 10 Animal Related, today because I'd like to link up to Just.Be.Enough this week as well. I don't want to miss doing Monday Listicles either. 

My list today is 10 Reasons Why I Am Enough 'Mom'. Although deep down, I know it's never enough but it's empowering to focus on the positives when you can. This will last me for a while and that's enough for me, for now.

1. My son tells me he loves me to space and back.
I know my son loves me. He expresses his love with hugs and kisses and sometimes in distances. This came about after I read him a book called "Guess How Much I Love You". He'd ask me "Mommy, do you know how much I love you? I love you from the back of the house and to the front". Other times, he'd tell me he loves me to space and back. No matter the distances, knowing that he loves me makes me feel enough as a mom.

2. My kids do not abuse us. 
However, they do occasionally trample on little ants and pull leaves out of plants. I've come across kids who express anger at their parents in a physical way. I think I've done enough as a mom knowing that my kids don't. Well, I'm pretty sure my son doesn't but my 2-year-old daughter's a real bully who just might. It's still too early to tell but I'm working on her.

3. I am a cooking mom.
I cook for the family at least 5 days in a week. I do it because I want them to grow up on healthy, wholesome home-cooked food. The food I cook aren't always yummy but my son and hubby have assured me that they will still love me even when my cooking sucks.

4. My kid(s) listens to me (most of the time)
My son can be reasoned with and most of the time is an obedient child. My girl is turning Annoying Two and  is as stubborn as a mule. I am giving her space to be the Annoying Two she's meant to be and know that it will soon pass. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed, and praying very hard.

5. I'm a breastfeeding mom.
Breastmilk is the best for your baby. Everyone knows that but there are mothers who have found it difficult to breastfeed their babies due to numerous reasons. I have been very blessed in this area as I've not had many problems breastfeeding my 2 kids. I breastfed my son till he was 2 and I am still nursing my daughter who is almost 2. It is a big achievement for me to have given my babies what's best for them. 

My girl gave me the finger for making her wait 10 seconds.

6. I am a church-going mom
I'm proud to say that I've been going to church more often these days. I have to admit that my mind still wanders but I make the effort to go to church together with my family. That matters. I think it's important for my kids to lead a God-centred life and to know about their faith.

7.  My kids are average geniuses
My son is 4.5 years old and knows his ABCs and 123s. He also knows his phonics and has already written his first book. My daughter can talk pretty well at her age. When I ask her what's her name she tells me "four" and when I ask her how old she is, she tells me her name. Yes, average geniuses I call them. I don't need them to know the name of dinosaurs, or countries in the world or even all 9 planets in the solar system at their age. Knowing that I've been an encouraging mom when it comes to learning is enough for me.

8. My kids make me proud
My son is teaching his little sister how to behave in a socially acceptable manner. He watches over her and often shows his brotherly love. He helps me entertain her when I need to do a little blogging. (Oops, did I just write that?) They can be civil with each other most of the time, remembering their manners and courtesies.

9.  They don't have mold between their toes. 
That's just to say that I've taken good care of my kids, thus far. All their milk teeth are still intact, they don't have lice (yet) or nails too long they're digging into their skin (that almost did happen). 

10. My kids are happy.
Yes, they are generally very happy kids. They laugh a lot, play a lot and have a great sense of humour. Except, of course, when I refuse to give them candy.



Disclaimer: I am not, in any way, implying that you are a bad or not-enough mom if these situations do not apply to you. I am not judging anyone here except myself.


For every 20 linked up posts to Just.Be.Enough until September 14th, Bellflower Books will provide a memory book to a woman fighting breast cancer through Crickett’s Answer for Cancer, and help bring a smile to courageous women giving it their all, every single day. The link up remains open for three days. No blog? No worries. You can also comment on the post or on the Just.Be.Enough. Facebook page with your own story and be counted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...