Monday 29 October 2012

Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set - A Review

"Hot Wheels Wall Tracks Starter Set"

Phew! What a mouthful. My favourite tongue twister of late. Also, my kids' favourite pastime, for now.

When I was offered a toy to review recently, I went "Yay, Yahoo, Yippee!" like a kid being offered a ... new toy, and ice cream. I think any sane mother would want new toys for their kids, especially if it means a few extra minutes of mommytime. And of course especially when it's a reputed toy brand like Hot Wheels!


I was as excited as my kids when I got the package. But, when I opened it the next day, I went into panic mode. All the parts of the toy just spilled out into a pile of....um....toy parts. You see, I don't assemble toys. It's usually carried out by the hubby department. But he had an important appointment that day and I had 2 very eager kids waiting to play with their new toy. I was therefore appointed The Reluctant Assembler.

Wouldn't you go into panic mode looking at this?!



"Okay, everyone move back!! Nobody touches anything! I don't want anything to go missing!!"

Yup, that was The Reluctant Assembler in panic mode.

I took a few deep breaths, reminded myself to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and calmed down.

Little did I know I was in for a pleasant time assembling this toy. Everything came together in less than 20 minutes. The instructions were simple, well illustrated and easy to follow. The first thing you're required to do is stick the instruction sheet on the wall. Yes, just do it! It will show you exactly where to place all those yellow brackets. I am really impressed with the instruction sheet. It was SO EASY to put this thing together!! I still can't get over how easy it was.

I, Me, Moi
assembled this!
Well, my kids did help me some. I would have liked to do it all by myself but we must learn to share ;)



You can even vary the placement of the tracks and have your kids try out different car stunts. I let my son, who is 5, try shifting the parts around. He had a lot of fun getting creative with it and it was easy for him to take the parts out and put them back. He even fixed in his old car tracks...



As you can see, this is a wall mounted toy. Yes, toy manufacturers are conquering the walls now. If you've stepped on a lego piece or a wooden block before, you'd want a toy that goes on a wall. One concern I had was what it would do to my wall. Well I was pleased to see that they use 3M adhesives that will not damage walls.




A mother must have thought of this.

Personally, I like this toy. I would get it as a gift for a kid who likes cars and tracks. And I think it's real cool to have the tracks wall mounted like that.

Here's a look at how it works...



For more info about Hotwheels, check out their website.

Disclosure: I was given a complimentary set to play with and write this review. All opinions are 100% mine.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...