Wednesday 7 December 2011

Picnesday - Remembering Noel

I lost a brother to cancer four years ago.

My only sibling.

He would have been 38 today.

I'd like to dedicate today's Picnesday to Noel.

My brother.

This is one of my favourite pictures of him with my mother.

Sometimes you lose sight of what you have

until you've lost it.

I never did appreciate my brother when he was alive.

I never allowed him to be the person he was.

He was a good brother.

 But I expected more.

I chose to focus on how he disappointed.

That is a mistake I can never undo.

I celebrate his memory now

and choose to remember him

as the kind soul he really was.

A wonderful friend to many.

A loving brother.

Ever willing to help and be there for me.

A fighter right till the end.

He was a good person.

He was my brother.

Happy Birthday Noel.
I hope you're having a great time
in a better place,
doing what you love,
being yourself.

Love,
Maine.


May you always cherish your loved ones.

















Linking with my friend Janice
Tuesday Night Poetry
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...