Thursday 22 December 2011

Our First House

Gingerbread house, that is. I've lived 13,361 days and have never ever made or decorated a gingerbread house. This year, I thought I'd give myself a chance and let my kids have some fun in decorating one.

Thank you Ikea for making life easier.



It took me almost an hour to get the icing ready
and finish assembling this baby.


I did feel like a contractor doing up this house.



The kids were only allowed near me and my house
once it was ready to be candied.


But they were more interested in the candy
than the house.
I had to make them stick the candy on the house
instead of popping them into their mouths.




And the finished product!


Up for devouring tomorrow :)
I'm only praying it doesn't collapse by then.


If you want to know how a pro does it,
READ THIS.


Have a favourite holliday recipe or tradition to share?
Link it up with Leslie for

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...