Wednesday 21 December 2011

Picnesday - Singapore Zoo

Last weekend, we took a short trip to Singapore, our friendly neighbour down under. It was a jam-packed 3 days and when it ended I felt like I needed a whole month to recover from it. This one felt like the Amazing Race!

I'm going to share some pictures from our trip to the Singapore Zoo. We've heard from friends that one of the things you simply have to do in Singapore is visit the Zoo. I agree, you really must. This is our first time visiting this world-class Zoo and I came away wishing I worked as a zookeeper there.

THIS was heaven sent!


Yes, the kids too.
We would have ended up in wheelchairs if it weren't for the wagon.
Can you imagine having to carry these 2 all over the sprawling 70-acre zoo?!
No, they're not crippled but their legs usually break down after 15 minutes of walking.


The Little Royalties


Mr Zooper's Penguins!

I didn't know that there are penguins that do not need snow. 
These are African Penguins.

Philip the sealion!


Philip made me Google
"How to keep a sea lion as a pet"
Not really.
He made me Google
"What's the difference between a sea lion and a seal?"

Meet the Elephants!

In case you're wondering, 
no, the elephant did not eat his head. 

Lord Shen?


Our ancestors.


Little Joey


An Australian Outback truck driver!



The bleached tiger!


The giraffes?

Funny enough, we were too pooped to see the real giraffes that day
but as we sat outside the Zoo for a drink,
we caught these guys.

Happy Zoo-ey Picnesday Peeps!











I would also like to wish all of you
A Very Merry and Blessed Christmas.
Have a great one this Sunday.
Love.
Germaine


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...