Tuesday 23 August 2011

I Don't Like To Read!

No, that didn't come out of my son. That was from me. I don't like to read! There! I said it! I'm not one who loves to read novels and am up to date with the latest books in the market. I'm not one who longs to read at least 5 books in a week or 365 books in a year. Because, I don't like to read. The last book I read was The Da Vinci Code. That was like, what, 5 years ago? I've been trying to fool myself into thinking I'm such a book lover, but I'm NOT! I don't like to read! There, I said it again and it feels liberating!

Here's what I'm currently reading:

All By Myself by Mercer Mayer

There's A Wocket in My Pocket by Dr Seuss

The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle

Elmer by David Mckee


I love reading to my kids though. And I've been telling them this LIE....

"Come kids, let's read a book before bed. Mmm.....I LOVE to read. Reading is SO MUCH FUN!" 

And this lie is going to continue until they learn how to read their mama's blog and discover this post.

I love reading children's books more than anything now, so it's not a complete lie. There are many reasons why I love children's books......

there are more pictures.
the pages are more colourful.
there are less pages.
the characters are cuter.
there are less words.
the words are easier to understand.

Don't the books up there look so attractive? I admit it, I'm an elementary reader and I'm proud of it.

As for books that normal adults read, I do have a few in mind that I'd love to read someday:

Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother by Amy Chua

Nurtureshock

The Naked Mom by Brooke Burke

even if it takes me a lifetime to read them.

We're chatting about books today with Leslie of Time Out For Mom
Come join us - you're more than welcome, whether you like books or not.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...