Monday 23 May 2011

An Ode To Dirty Laundry

This is my first attempt at writing a poem. I was inspired to write one after reading about Mumsgather's poems. She even suggested a site, Rhymezone where I can get a little help in finding rhyming words.

Here goes....

Oh dirty laundry,

How I wish you'd disappear,

But everytime you seem to......to.......reappear,

You never cease to pile up,

Even before I can finish a can of 7-Up.

But, I've learned to live life washing you,

If not, all of us will smell *PEE-EWE*.


Oh dirty laundry,

I'm thankful for my washing machine,

Without it, I don't know how else I'd get you clean.

After a wash, hanging you out to dry,

Under the hot Malaysian sky,

Is also something I dread.

But you are what I have to live with......until I am dead.


So what do you think? Do I have the makings of a great poet? Do I? Do I?

No?

Probably the first and last poem I'd ever write.

Oh well, I tried. I really did.

Linking up here for Time Travel Tuesday at By Word of Mouth Musings
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...