Saturday 23 April 2011

Yamaha Junior Music Course

My boy attended his first Yamaha JMC class last night. Mommy enjoyed it as much as he did! I took piano lessons when I was young but quit at grade 3 because I just didn't like it - classes were boring and I dreaded the homework. But if they had this course then, I might have enjoyed learning music more.



I sought advice from family and friends before signing him up. And most of them said it's one of the best music courses to start a kid with, at age 4. Just from this first class alone, I'd have to agree. The course stresses alot on developing the listening skill of a child to help them learn to recognise tunes and tempos. The class my son's attending is in Centrepoint, Bandar Utama and I must give the teacher 2 thumbs up for her ability to engage interest and get the kids to participate. In today's lesson, we learnt the note 'Do'. Mommy has to start doing homework again. Gosh it's been years since my last homework and now I'm faced with it again. Got to practice fingering on the keyboard, get him to listen to a CD, sing some songs and trace his hands on his workbook - goodness I didn't realise there's so much to do!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...