Friday 22 April 2011

Happy Earth Day Everyone!

My boy went to school wearing green today in conjunction with Earth Day. For some people, wearing green is as close to going green as they'll ever be. It's sad to know that environmental awareness is still lacking in our country. I still see people throwing empty drink packets out of their cars on the highway, like the whole world is a trash can - I don't know how some people can do that. Behind my parents' house is a big drain where I often see plastic bags of garbage floating by. I also often see heaps of rubbish piled up at the very spot where a 'denda' (fine) sign for throwing rubbish is. A very common sight in fact.

I've started educating my kids on green awareness and recycling because they will be the next generation of green crusaders. Simple things like recycling and how to throw rubbish in the proper place can be easily taught to kids. If you'd like to know more about how to help your family go green, do read my posts on some of the things I'm doing with my family under the label Going Green. Mother Earth needs your help, celebrate Earth Day by going green (not just by what you wear) and by pledging to be a greener family!

My little green monster!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...