Sunday 24 April 2011

Green Tip #3 - Send E-cards

I still remember when I was in university, my hubby (boyfriend then) and I used to send each other letters and cards. I can't remember if they had e-mails then (yes, I'm that old!) but it was nice to get a letter in the mail (the real mail, as in the post box?......that red box-like thing on your gate?.....nevermind) once in a while. Times have certainly changed and I don't think my kids will grow up sending letters to their friends, besides the electronic kind. But, does it really matter when we are trying to go paper-less in an effort to go green? Many people are still sending cards for special occasions but I feel that, that special occasion would still be meaningful even with an e-mail, e-card or sms greeting. Don't you think so? Where do your cards normally end up? In the trash? Recycling bin? Kept in the drawer for years until the day you declutter and throw them away or recycle them? So, the way I see it, why not send e-cards and have your recipient archive them instead? The trees would be real happy!



By the way, have a Blessed Hoppy Easter!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...