Saturday 16 April 2011

Banana Pancakes For My Monkeys

Noo...I don't keep pet monkeys at home....I meant my 2 little kiddo monkeys!


Often times when I buy a bunch of bananas, we have trouble finishing them before they turn black all over. What I like to do with these bananas before they get too ripe and turn bad is to mash them up and make banana pancakes for my little monkeys. Here's my favourite pancake recipe, given to me by a friend some years back - tweaked the recipe with the addition of bananas and cinnamon powder.

You'll need
Bananas - mashed (3-4 of the small types or 2-3 of the big ones - agak-agak-lah!)
1 large egg
40g self raising flour (about slightly less than 1/2 cup)
50ml milk
1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder (optional)
pinch of salt (I usually don't add this for the kids but it does taste nicer with a pinch of salt)
Butter

Method:
Separate the egg yolk from the egg white. In the bowl with the egg yolk, mix in the flour and cinnamon powder. Gradually add in the milk and mix till smooth. Mix in the mashed bananas. In a separate large bowl, whisk the egg white till firm, with an electric mixer (way easier than whisking manually). Then fold the whisked egg white into the batter. The whisked egg white will give your pancakes a fluffier texture. (it's worth doing it). Heat up a non-stick pan on medium. Add in some butter. Use a tablespoon to add in dollops of the batter (adjust the size to your liking). Cook on one side for about 1-2 mins or until lightly brown. Flip over and cook on the other side till lightly brown. Serve with honey or maple syrup.



My monkeys love 'em. Hope yours will too!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...