Thursday 24 March 2011

Selective Deafness Syndrome

I have Selective Deafness Syndrome. I wouldn't call it an impairment, rather an acquired skill. You see, when my girl's yell reaches 1001 decibels, my hearing mysteriously disappears. It temporarily shuts down. Amazing, I tell you! I see her mouth open wide, baring teeth and tongue, tears streaming down and think to myself she must be yelling; but I don't hear anything. It's a coping mechanism that can be acquired through time. I call on all mothers to hone this skill.
  
 
She's not exactly crying here. I realise we do not have a picture of her crying and yelling at the top of her voice. Warning: Selective Deafness Syndrome may affect ability to take pictures.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...