1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup fine salt
2 tbsp cream of tartar
1/2 tbsp cooking oil
1 cup water
1. Mix all ingredients in a non-stick saucepan.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until it thickens and clumps up; and you can no longer stir.
3. Put the dough on a counter top to cool.
4. Knead the dough until it's smooth.
5. Colour the dough with food colouring or leave it in it's natural colour (the kids don't mind)
6. Store in an airtight container.
7. Add in a drop of aromatherapy oil if you want some fragance to it.