Monday 21 March 2011

Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Honey...mmm....Yummy!

My son LOVES honey. He's Pooh when it comes to honey. I came up with this breakfast idea when my son demanded for pancakes one morning (not because he had a craving for pancakes, more so for honey) and started sobbing when I told him I didn't have time to make him any. This is an easy and wholesome breakfast you can whip up for your kids in a matter of minutes. You'll need

2 slices of bread
1 slice of cheese (cheddar cheese works fine)
a toaster or a pan (I use a griddle pan which my mom got me - it gives you those lines on your bread like a panini maker would)

If you're using a pan - Put the slices of bread (you can butter them first) on the hot pan. Flip 1 slice over after a minute or so and lay the cheese on that slice. Flip the other slice of bread over the cheese. Now you have a cheese sandwich. I like to use my spatula to flatten the sandwich a little so that the slices come together better. Flip the sandwich over another time so that all sides are well toasted. Cut them into bite sizes and drizzle honey over them. Enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...