Wednesday 30 March 2011

My Son Said the S-Word

My 4-year-old son used the word "sexy" on his little sister today when he saw her naked. (Okay it's not exactly the S-word, it's the S-word with a 'y'). I was taken aback and tried to figure out how on earth he learnt that word - Disney doesn't use it, my husband never used it on me (hmmm?!), my girl can't really talk yet, so I asked him "where did you learn that word?" he answered "from school". The next obvious question I asked him was 'who taught him that word' and he told me that a girl from his class uses that word on another girl in his class because her shirt always comes off (??). So, I asked him again (yes, I was interrogating him), "do you know what it means?" he says "No" (Phew). Okay, he doesn't know the meaning but he knows when to use it - when there's skin showing.

I know it's not such a big deal but it's made me realise that as parents, we have to brace ourselves for the inevitable question about the birds and bees. This is the first time the 'S' word has come out of his mouth and this post will put that on record.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...