Sunday 27 March 2011

How to be a Champion Breastfeeding Mama

I'm a slave to my little girl when it comes to breastfeeding. I haven't a clue how to wean her or when. I weaned my son at age 2 because at that time I was already pregnant with my daughter. But with her, I've been taking it pretty easy, letting her have her way most of the time. I think it's starting to get a little out of control now, as she's demanding for feeds pretty often, not because she's hungry but because she just wants to suckle. And, if I don't give it to her, all hell breaks loose! After breastfeeding for 3 and half years now I think I can call myself a champion breastfeeding mama. If you want to become one, here are some tips for you....

1. Imagine yourself the most desirable, satisfying pacifier your baby has ever sucked on.
2. When she falls and hurts herself, give her your breast.
3. When she's bored and just wants a good suckle, give her your breast.
4. When she can't fall asleep, give her your breast.
5. When her brother makes her cry, give her your breast.
6. If your nipples are sore and feel like they've been through a meat grinder, wear nipple shields and give her your breast.
7. When she's having one of her mood swings, give her your breast.
8. When you just want her to stop crying, give her your breast.
9. When all else fails, you know what to do.....give her your breast.

Caution: Champion breastfeeding mamas produce champion manipulative and demanding babies.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...