Sunday 27 March 2011

Making Milkshakes

“I’m still hungry”, my 4-year-old son tells me this just after finishing a heavy lunch. He seems to be hungry ALL the time. Must be the growing stage. Sometimes, he’s just hungry for snacks like chocolates, candy and cookies. When this happens, I found a sure-fire way to steer him away from the 3Cs (chocolate, candy, cookies) – make him milkshakes! All you need is milk, fruit and honey.  Blend them all together and there’s a healthy snack that’ll fill him up for a few hours (hopefully). Yummy fruits to use for milkshakes - banana, strawberry, pineapple and mango. You can come up with your own different combos like banana + strawberry, mango + strawberry or mango + pineapple. You can use frozen fruits (I usually freeze my strawberries and pineapple), and yogurt too. I add honey when the fruits tend to be a little sour. You can skip the honey if it's sweet enough already. Be sure to dissolve the honey in a little water first. Make milkshakes for your kids, they'll love 'em!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...