Friday 23 March 2012

What A Relaxing Holiday....

...it was NOT.

Why did I even think it would be a relaxing one? Well, firstly, both sets of grandparents came along with us which led me to think I could get a little time out. Nope. Didn't happen. Secondly, nothing could be more relaxing than a cruise right? You eat the whole day, watch a few shows, enjoy the sea breeze and go hibernate in your cabin whenever you wanted to. Yeap. Did happen. But, travelling 5 hours in a bus to Singapore and having to queue up for over an hour to board the ship, with 2 kids under the age of 5 in tow - not fun at all. Also, having to queue up again for over an hour to get out of the ship and board a bus home from Singapore was just wonderfully anti-climactic. Now why didn't we check out flights to Singapore?

I felt like I had worked out at the gym for 3 whole days - my body ached from top to toe. I think it's because I haven't been moving my muscles a whole lot, except those on my fingers and around my mouth. And having to carry a backpack and my daughter around during the holiday gave me a really good workout.

But, the kids had a good time. So did their grandparents. I shouldn't complain, really. It was a good holiday. Yes, I am so very thankful for my workout. My muscles have shaped up a bit. I also discovered that I have amazing patience for long queues but absolutely no tolerance for people who try to push their way through long queues. I am thankful for the time spent with our parents. My son even learned a few line dancing steps. He was teaching his little sister how to line dance last night when he was suddenly hit with nostalgia and came to me with tears in his eyes.

"Mommy, I miss the cruise..."

"Aww, I know. Don't worry we'll go on another one next year, maybe..." I comforted him.

"The same one?" he asked.

"Maybe a different one." I answered.

"I hope it doesn't sink."

Okaaayyy....

Which led to a lengthy conversation about the Titanic, swimming, inventions and modes of transportation. Which reminds me, I have to go Google "how many people died on the Titanic". My son wants to know.

Happy weekend to all!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...