Monday 12 December 2011

My Hometown

Thanks to Amanda of Lilahbility, I get to write about my hometown, Ipoh. I think Alison did a great job coming up with a list of what Ipoh is famous for. Yes, we're both from the same hometown but have never ever met in real life. We were destined to meet in blogosphere instead. I won't bore you with the same things, so here I present to you a list of random things about Ipoh.

1. It's an aging town. How do I know this? Everytime I attend mass at the local church, I see gray hair everywhere. Standing at 170cm tall I get a pretty good view of people's heads and I can tell you that 80% of them are either gray or bald.

2. Michelle Yeoh and I were from the same school. No, I don't know her and have never met her.

3. There is only one 'happening' mall that serves the inhabitants of Ipoh. Never go there on weekends.

4. You are bound to meet someone you know or someone who knows you or someone related to you or someone who's related to your mother's mother or someone who knew your dog, EVERYtime you go out in Ipoh. It's claustrophobic.

5. Do you like pomeloes? Well, Ipoh's also known as pomelosville to some people. We grow the juiciest pomeloes around. I never liked those things.

6. Do you like beansprouts? Well, Ipoh's also known as beansproutsville to many people. We grow some of the fattest, crunchiest, juiciest beansprouts in the world. I just love them!

7. Ipoh folks like to drive very slowly. I think it has something to do with #1.

8. Ipoh is pretty boring.

9. Ipoh is where I was born and where I grew up.

10. And Ipoh is where I will be buried one day. Or rather, where my ashes will be turned into fertilizer for a tree one day. Morbid, I know.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...