Tuesday 15 November 2011

Tuesday Night Poetry - Motherhood

I am a poet. Yes I am. Have you read my first attempt at poetry? Please read it first before proceeding. It would only take a minute. Yes. One minute...or less if you're a fast reader.

...............

Welcome back. Now you know what kind of a poet I am. So, when Janice over at Mommy's Lounge, who has a weekly link up for poets every week, actually came up with a template for poets like me, I was super excited. I really thought that with a template I can finally reveal the true poet in me. Boy, was I wrong. I couldn't even write a poem with a template. Here's the template to the prompt Motherhood...


Motherhood is like ________________ in _______________.

It ________________ and __________________,

and _________________________.

Nothing compares to ____________________

or ___________________,

because _____________________.

I am so thankful for __________________

and the way ______________________.

I love it when ____________________

because _____________________.

Motherhood truly is ___________________

when _______________________,

and everytime ________________.

I would’t trade this title for anything!


I cheated. I have skipped a few lines and a few blanks here and there because I am a special kind of poet. And here's what I came up with...


Motherhood is like nothing else in the world.

It is something you can never prepare for and almost always,

exceeds your expectations.

Nothing compares to holding a child in your arms,

and knowing that he is borne of the love 

between you and your husband.

I am so thankful for Motherhood

and the way it has changed my life.

I love the way it has changed Me

because I am a better person now.

Motherhood truly is a blessing

like no other.

I would’t trade this title for anything!

Yes I am a poet. A special one.

Go ahead and try the template and don't forget to link up with Janice!

Tuesday Night Poetry
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...