In coming up with this list, I did recall my time as a new mother when I had my first child and how I wish then that I...
1. had 8 arms like an octopus.
2. had a built-in pouch like a kangaroo.
3. had arms as strong as a gorilla's.
4. could sleep with my eyes open like a fish.
5. was nocturnal like a bat.
6. had night vision like an owl.
7. had stripes like a zebra (for visual stimulation of baby).
8. had a tail like Tigger's to bounce my baby to sleep.
9. could pee standing up like a male homosapien.
10. could produce milk like a cow.... wait, I did produce milk like a cow.
And my tip for new mothers: Follow your maternal instinct. Every female species would have it (well, except those that eat their young of course). And actually, all your baby needs is a lot of TLC. Hence the equation:
TLC + Maternal Instinct = Survival of The Fittest Mom
totally made that up
Have any tips for new mothers to share? Share them with the Monday Listicles Gang over at Stasha's.
Thank you Sue for the inspiration this week.