Monday 29 August 2011

10 Places I Love

I'm doing Monday Listicles today, back in my hometown Ipoh (pronounced E-Po) - about 2 hours drive from where I live. My husband and I were both born and bred here and both of our parents still live in this quaint little town. 

Sara of Amid the Olive Trees, gave us the prompt for this week: 10 Places I Love and what perfect timing too because No.1 on my list would definitely be...

1. Ipoh
It always feels good to be 'home'. A place where we grew up and where every corner of town holds a special memory.

2. My Bed
I used to sleep as a hobby so obviously my bed holds a very special place in my heart as one of the places I love. Ahhh......nothing like laying down on a familiar bed with soft plush pillows under your head after a long day of mothering.

3. My Bathroom
The place where I take my shower and get myself cleaned up for 5 minutes everyday. The only me-time I get if I'm lucky.

4. A Hotel Room (4-star at least)
Who wouldn't love a room that's all made up for you and comes with housekeeping services 24/7.


5. The Highlands.
Yes, we Malaysians are a deprived lot when it comes to cold weather. We were, however, lucky enough to be colonised by the British back in the days when colonisation was still hip. They've given us a couple of highland resorts where we can escape to for a cool retreat.

Tea plantation in Cameron Highlands

6. The Beach.
I love being on a beach looking at the vast expanse of the ocean, listening to the sound of crashing waves, and breathing in the refreshing sea breeze. I am reminded of God's wonderful creation that is our world.


7. The Park
My kids are always ecstatic when they get to go to the park. When they're happy, mama's happy. I love to watch my kids play and seeing them laugh and enjoy themselves in a park truly makes my day.




8. Blogosphere
I've made so many wonderful bloggy friends not to love this place. It has given me new meaning in life to be able to go to Bloggyland and connect with my online friends.

9. Anywhere and

10. Everywhere, as long as I am in the company of my loved ones. (sans hurricanes, typhoons, tsunamis, cyclones, earthquakes and tornadoes)

Okay so I'm cheating a little here with 9 & 10. Hey, can't blame a girl who's on holiday, can you?

To my friends who've been affected by Irene, my thoughts and prayers are with you.


Share your list of Top 10 places you love with Stasha and friends!

Linked up for Lovelinks
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...