Sunday 10 July 2011

The Bible

The Word of God.

And...

I don't read it. I'm reading the word of blogs now more than anything.

I'm happy to report that my mind did not wander off as much as it did last sunday. The only thought that would probably require a confession was "What should I blog about this week?"

So, back to the Bible. Today, Father talked about how Catholics are not as connected to the Bible as our Protestant friends are. Which I believe is so true. I've tried to read the Bible many times (does 3 count as many?) I even bought a manual on how to read the Bible but alas, I've yet to actually READ the Bible. Honestly, I find the Bible boring, confusing and mind boggling, especially the Old Testament. How can someone live to a few hundred years of age? Where do the dinosaurs come in? Were Adam and Eve cavemen/neanderthals? How do you fit the theory of evolution into the context of the Bible? In fact, the theory of evolution makes more sense to me. I'd read just one verse of the Bible and my eyes would start to see double images of everything.

But Father's homily today got me thinking about the Bible. It's time to get connected with my God again through the Bible. Maybe this time, I should read with my heart rather than my head.

Now, where did I put that Bible of mine...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...