Wednesday 25 May 2011

You'll Always Be My Baby

My son would occasionally come and ask me if he could give me a hug and a kiss. Last night when he did that, and as I hugged him, I whispered to him "you'll always be my baby". Upon hearing that, he pulled away, gave me a bewildered look and asked "WHY?!"

son: "How about when I'm 5 years old?"

Me: "You'll still be my baby"

son: "Why? How about when I'm big like you?"

Me: "You'll still be my baby"

At this point he was starting to get a little annoyed with me so I said "Let me tell you why..."

Because I want to continue to care for you just like when you were a baby
Because I want to love and protect you just like when you were a baby
Because I want to always be able to hold you in my arms just like when you were a baby

I could have gone on and on, but my boy being just 4, does not have the patience of a saint yet; so I had enough time to give him only 3 reasons. He took a minute or two to digest it all. But I think he got the message because he came over to me and asked to sit on my lap.


Yes I'm real and that's me holding my baby boy when he was just 2 days old.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...