1. My boy is pretty mature for his age. He's starting to make a lot of his own decisions and taking responsiblity for them. So when he told me he'd be fine, I trusted that he would.
2. The shop was less than 300m away from my house. I made a 600m dash that day.
3. Told him NOT to open the door for ANYONE. Not even a cat.
4. Barney was there to help. Yes the T.V. was on and I was sure he'd be glued to the couch.
5. I checked with him a hundred times. I sounded like a broken record. "You're sure you'll be okay...you're sure....sure you'll be okay....okay-ah....sure-ah"
6. One thing I didn't do which I realise now that I should have done was to tell a trusted neightbour.
I don't know if I was a bad mommy for leaving a 4 year old kid home alone; but it certainly was one of the most difficult decisions I've had to make.
Was I a bad mommy?
Back when Macaulay Culkin was still cute!