1. I wish I'd had the courage to live life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I didn't work so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.
I've kept the article as a reminder not to have these regrets in my life and hopefully live a life without regrets. Did my own soul searching and looked at where I'm at with these areas in my life....
1. I am truly blessed to have parents who have allowed me to be who I am and trusted me to live the kind of life I want. In fact, God has been good to me in giving me a husband who has supported me in everything I do. Not to mention supportive in-laws who respect my decisions in life.
2. I've never worked as hard as I do now, as a mother. Sometimes I get drowned by all the chores and responsibilities of being a mother that I lose sight of what's really important - spending quality time with my family.
3. I'm glad that I've learnt to express my feelings more, especially to loved ones. Although sometimes, I still fall into this trap of suppressing my own feelings for fear of making matters worse. But, I do believe talking through everything is a healthy thing for the soul.
4. Hey, I signed up for Facebook, didn't I?
5. Again, I often let the stress of family life get to me. I must learn to look at the brighter side of things ALL the time. It's a work in progress and I hope to achieve a 'bouncy ball' state where I can always bounce back up again when I'm down. Life is short, as they say and every moment lived should be lived with happiness.
Have you any regrets in life?