Thursday 28 April 2011

Lost And Found On Facebook

Mark Zuckerberg is truly Godsend. I was skeptical about facebook when it first became a hype. I was actually quite proud to be Facebook-less........until 3 weeks ago when I opened a Facebook account to share my blog posts with friends. A good friend of mine thought it was a mistake when she saw my invite to add her as a friend. Okay, I admit it, I was a stubbornly proud Facebook-less person, but I am now a sucker for Zuckerberg's wonderful creation (pun intended).

Why have I become such a fan of Facebook? Not because I have more friends now....... not because I can go and "sibuk" (being nosy) other people's accounts.......but because I've FOUND friends I've lost touch with for umpteen years! I tell you, for the past few days, I've been going around sending messages of "Are you so and so..." like a parent looking for a missing child.

My university roommate of 4 years, LOST since graduation......now FOUND on Facebook. I was ecstatic when I found her. I had lost her contact information and probably would not have connected with her again if not for Facebook.

A childhood friend whom I had some great times with, LOST since we left secondary school......now FOUND on Facebook. It felt good to rekindle an old friendship.

Just last night, an ex-swimmate of mine, LOST since I left the competitive swimming scene....wait got to do some math here....like 22 years ago; FOUND on Facebook. Well actually HE found me!

I'm still on the look out for 'missing persons' on my list and am thankful to Facebook for helping me get connected with them again.

Anyone knows a Tan Siok Jun who used to live in Taiping?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...