Wednesday 30 March 2011

Homemade Baby Cereal

I have a nephew who just started taking solids. It brings back memories of when my kids started theirs. When it was time for my son to take his first food (at 7 months), I consulted experienced friends and got him store-bought baby cereal. Yes, it's the most convenient thing to give your baby but not the healthiest of choices. When my second baby started her solids, I made her homemade baby cereal. Here's my recipe for homemade baby cereal. You'll need,

Rice (brown rice, basmathi, or white rice)
Blender

1. Blend the rice until it's powder form.
2. Store in an airtight container. Refrigerate if possible.
3. To prepare, put the amount of blended rice powder you need with water in a metal bowl.
4. Steam till cooked. I prefer steaming because it's easier to cook small amounts and I don't have to keep watch over the stove.

Add more water or milk if it's too thick. You can also try mixing other grains like, millet, cous cous or barley.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...