Friday 15 April 2011

Crockpot Porridge for Baby

My confinement lady taught me a fantastic way to cook porridge for my baby. When my girl started out porridge, a tablespoon of uncooked rice was all she could consume in a day. Can you imagine having to cook a tablespoon of rice in a pot? What I did with my boy was to steam blended rice over the stove but I didn't like having to watch over the fire and all. Some friends told me to put the rice in an electric crockpot but even the smallest crockpot is too big for a tablespoon of rice. Until my confinement lady, when I had my girl, taught me her method. I don't think she's going to start a blog about her cooking tips, so here's sharing her tried and tested way of making porridge from a tablespoon of rice (courtesy of my confinement lady - Hei Cheh).

You'll need,
An electric crockpot - the smallest
A mug
1 tbsp rice
Other ingredients - carrots, corn, meat - chopped finely

Method:
1. Put the rice and other ingredients into the mug and fill it with water till about slightly less than half the mug.















2.  Fill the crockpot with water to the level of about half the mug.

                                                               













1. Switch the pot on and let it cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.






Easy-peasy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...